What do you want from your career?
The MBA – or Master of Business Administration – qualification originated in the United States when the country began taking a more scientific approach to management. It’s since grown into a flexible, internationally-recognized degree, designed to teach all the skills you need to thrive in business and management.
An MBA can be the key that unlocks a career with more responsibility, exciting challenges and a higher salary. But choosing a course isn’t a decision to be taken lightly; MBAs are tough, not to mention a sizeable investment.
So to help you through the decision-making process, we’ve outlined a few key questions to ask yourself before you begin.
1. Does your chosen MBA fit in with your ambitions and goals?
It sounds obvious enough, but it’s important to make sure your chosen course aligns with both your overall goals, and your style of learning.
MBAs are designed to send graduates straight into leadership positions, which often involve long work hours and lots of responsibility – especially at the very beginning. If you don’t think this is something you’d enjoy, you may want to consider alternative options.
2. Can you handle the workload?
Not only does an MBA propel you into a busy, high-profile but testing career – the course itself can be relentless.
MBAs are specifically designed to prepare you for a demanding career by pushing you outside of your comfort zone. The rewards are high, but so is the pressure.
3. What skills do you want from your MBA?
Some MBAs focus on preparing you for a high-level managerial career. Others focus on an entrepreneurial route. Take the time to really consider the type of course you want to study.
For example, if you’d prefer to manage someone else’s organization, a managerial MBS is for you. But if you’d prefer to set up your own business, you’ll be better suited to an entrepreneurial MBA. That said, an MBA is a transferable qualification, and it can help you succeed in government and philanthropic endeavors, as well as managerial and entrepreneurial ones.
4. Do you have the right experience?
Most MBAs require at least three years’ prior work experience, which you’ll be expected to bring with you into class discussions. If you’re fresh out of university, in most cases, you’ll need to postpone your MBA for three years while you get a little more work under your belt.
5. Are you prepared for the financial commitment?
MBAs cost thousands of dollars. And while MBA graduates make substantially more than their non-MBA grad colleagues, it’s important to remember the time and commitment it takes to pay off a six-figure loan.
FOUR REASONS WHY AN MBA FROM MBSC MIGHT BE JUST RIGHT FOR YOU.
1. A uniquely hands-on course
The MBSC MBA is different. Not just because the course is taught in a unique city, but because it’s the biggest practice-based MBA program in the world.
At the heart of our course lies our Signature Learning Experience (SLE), designed to help you develop as an entrepreneurial leader. The SLE includes a program of project-based and co-curricular learning experiences that reinforce and build upon your complex problem-solving capabilities, while giving you the opportunity to work in collaboration with industry leaders, solving critical business issues and learning in real-life commercial situations. So that by the time you graduate, you’ll know just what to expect in the real business world.
2. Big thinkers. Bigger doers.
We haven’t allowed the ambitions we have for our MBA program to be constrained. Which is why it’s the only one in the region to have been developed with world-renowned Babson Global, Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® (ET&A™).
And because we recognize that any program is only as good as the faculty that delivers it, we’ve assembled an all-star team, many having trained at Babson College themselves.
Locally based and well-connected to the national and international business communities, their experience puts a potent combination of educational excellence and commercial leadership at your disposal.
3. Once-in-a-lifetime networking opportunities
Building a list of contacts is one of the most valuable things you can do as a new entrepreneur. The networking potential on offer at MBSC is vast; from résumé critique nights and recruiter panels, to career days, business insight tours, and more. You’ll also meet and greet your peers during our regular employer site visits, and get to know potential employers and investors on a regular basis.
– Ongoing careers advice and development from our expert faculty, as well as frequent visits from business experts and careers advisors
– Leadership coaching you can take from the course into the real world
– Internships and mentoring
– Careers seminars and jobs fairs
– Live-case competitions
– Networking, clubs and societies.
4. KAEC: A new powerhouse in the heart of the Middle East
KAEC represents a fresh opportunity on a huge scale. Situated on the commercially important Red Sea Coast, just 90 km from Jeddah, the city sits prominently at the intersection of some of the world’s most important shipping and air routes, making it an attractive new hub of investment and commerce. Quite simply, its national and international connections couldn’t be stronger.
– Direct access to the national highway network
– Al-Haramain High-Speed Railway connection with Jeddah, Holy Makkah and Al Madinah
– Home to the world-class King Abdullah Port
– Only 90 km to King Abdulaziz International Airport.
Where will the right MBA take you?
An MBA course will prove both exhilarating yet demanding for anyone who decides to take up the challenge. But armed with the right knowledge, practical training, and the support and a network of contacts, you’ll be ready to thrive in the real world – before you’ve even left university!
The MBSC MBA at a glance
• A one-year practice-based MBA, delivered by a world-class faculty of entrepreneurial business experts.
• A rich program created with Babson Global – the world leader in entrepreneurial education.
• Hosted in King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC), an ambitious young city at the cutting-edge of Saudi Arabia’s flourishing economic development.
• An immersive orientation program with your fellow cohort members, designed to help you settle in and build a network of peers.
• An array of signature learning experiences designed to hone your entrepreneurial decision-making skills.
For international students, MBSC offers a unique opportunity. But you’ll undoubtedly have questions as you consider your options. To find the answers you’re looking for, and to speak to the team here at MBSC, get in touch today.
[maxbutton id=”2″ ]